Developed for use in the French army FESSA is a lightweight tubular fixator with a number of interesting features.
- The tube incorporates the pin clamping mechanism and is thus very strong and has extremely good angular pin rigidity.
- Available in 6 and 8mm diameter tubes
- 6mm tube accepts pins of shaft diameter 0.9mm to 1.8mm making it extremely useful in the management of fractures in cats and exotics.
- 8mm tube accepts pins of shaft diameter 1.6mm to 3.2mm
- Design allows placement of multiple parallel pins close together in small fragments.
- Pins can be placed at right angles to tube or angled through adjacent holes. Pins are locked into position by hex driven grub screws.
- Available in stainless steel or the new even lighter weight titanium.